Last week we got most of it stripped down and a few of the new parts installed, but lacking some specialty tools, couldn’t complete it. Yesterday we took it to Sopo, replaced the cranks and BB, and installed the new chain. Its maiden voyage over to No Brakes yielded a bar-end brake lever like I wanted, and installing that and some bar tape finished it off.
- 1979 Fuji S12-S steel 57cm frame and fork
- Velocity Deep V rims laced to Miche Primato Pista hubs w/ DT Swiss spokes
- Miche Primato Pista cranks w/ 48T chainring on Shimano BB
- Izumi chain and cheapo 18T cog
- Nitto bars and stem with stock headset
- Selle Italia Gel Flow saddle on stock seatpost
- Dia-Compe stock brake caliper and bar-end lever
- Crank Bros Candy pedals
- Higher quality 17T cog
- Lighter seatpost with integrated rail clamp
- New headset, but the Miche I got has an unusually large stack height, so I need to get something else.